Test User Occupational Ability (TUOA, formerly Level A Certificate of Competence in Occupational Testing)
Aims and objectives
‘Test User Occupational Ability’ (TUOA) is an internationally recognised qualification in the use of psychometric testing, designed by the British Psychological Society (BPS) to help delegates to make decisions about the appropriateness of the ability tests available on the open market.
On successful completion of the course, delegates will be able to work independently as a test user and choose, purchase and use reputable ability tests from most major psychometric test distributors.
The content is varied and covers all aspects of test use, interpreting test scores and providing feedback, as well as the technical qualities of tests and legal issues. Practical examples show how the concepts relate to the workplace. There is a statistical element to the course, but no prior knowledge of statistics is assumed.
- Ability and Aptitude testing
- Basic Principles of Scaling and Standardisation. Basic Principles of Norm-Referenced Interpretation. Test Theory – Classical Test Theory and Reliability. Test Theory – Item Response Theory. Validity and Utility: Occupational.
- Relating Assessment to Job Requirements. Deciding when Psychological Tests Should or Should not be used as part of an Assessment Process. Making Appropriate Use and Interpretation of Test Results
- Issues Associated with Interpretation. Providing Oral Feedback. Providing Written Feedback
Prerequisites and additional modules
Prior possession of an ‘Assistant Test User’ qualification is necessary to obtain a ‘Test User Occupational Ability’ qualification. However, RFL’s ‘Test User Occupational Ability’ course includes the required modules undertaken at the ‘Assistant Test User’ stage, thereby enabling delegates to qualify immediately as a Registered Test User upon completion of the course.
Those individuals who complete the ‘Test User Occupational Ability’ (TUOA) course and subsequently wish to extend their qualification with the ‘Test User Occupational Personality’ (TUOP) elements have the option of completing the additional coursework and assessment for the outstanding modules at a reduced cost of £345 + VAT.
In order to be eligible to qualify as a Registered Test User, delegates are required to complete written and practical coursework.
Successful delegates gain the British Psychological Society (BPS) regulated ‘Test User Occupational Ability’ qualification. Delegates will be eligible for membership of the BPS Register of Qualifications in Test Use (RQTU), as a Registered Test User.
Choose the course format that suits you best
Bespoke In-house course (4 days) – Please contact us for further details regarding pricing.
Distance learning course £1,050 + VAT (including materials)
- Learn at your own pace in your own environment.
- You agree with us a schedule of times for completing and submitting your coursework.
- Allocated tutor for supervision and help when you need it.
- Attend a day workshop on practical elements such as test administration and feedback.
- Opportunity to share views and ideas with other course delegates
Please contact Alison on 0203 912 7949 or email email@example.com to request a course booking form.